Tuesday 6 November 2012

The Oven that Started it All

Ok guys.

Here it is, the oven that started it all....

La Germania... was told that it's from a good grade of ovens.
Nope, i am not the kinda girl who would insist on the 'brand'.
Having this baby in my kitchen was purely luck at its best.

We moved into our own place over a year ago and the husband got me a portable stove. The kind that needs a gas cylindar to work. I am fine with that. Happy with anything that could provide heat to my pots for me to cook.

Then i itched. Itched to bake. We were on a very tight budget and i sourced around for a pre-loved oven. Ego had it that i did not want a small oven coz i knew i was going to bake a lot. So i updated my Facebook status asking if anyone knew where i could go about getting a pre-loved oven, preferably connected to a stove.

Like an angel sent from above, an old friend replied. Her sister was moving to Hong Kong and was looking for a buyer for her 2 month old oven/stove.

Cut to the chase, we made arrangements for it to be delivered to my place, never once did i ask for the brand. And as the delivery guy pushed his trolley with this baby on it, i gasped at how pure its shade of white was.... still is.

We carefully positioned it and unwrapped the clingwrap and there, in front of me was the King of Ovens......... i lost consciousness (for about a second). I squealed as i called my friend and thanked her profusely for the unexpected surprise.... a brand new La Germania would cost us more than $1000!

Only a baking/cooking enthusiast can relate to what i felt. What i experience was probably similar to the feeling hubby gets when he gets to sit on a Harley or when any guy were to get hold of the latest sports car or gadget.

The night the gas supply got connected to the stove and oven, was the very night i started cooking and of course ... baking... and i hadn't stopped since.....

All About La Germania
 

2 comments:

  1. if i were u, i would have hugged and kissed the set
    georgeous oven set, good for u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice!! I kinda did that already..... hehehe..... :)

    ReplyDelete